How to get help accessing (and replacing) FoodShare benefits

Need to access or replace FoodShare benefits? Here's a list of resources around Wisconsin. 

A woman unloads groceries on her kitchen counter
Margaret Benton, 48, unloads groceries obtained from the Sun Prairie Emergency Food Pantry, at her home in Sun Prairie, Wis., on April 9, 2022. The mother of eight children, Benton has relied both on FoodShare, Wisconsin’s government food assistance program, and on charitable organizations such as food pantries for many years. While she understands some people feel stigma for using food assistance, Benton has never been ashamed. “This is why our community has stuff like this,” she says, “to help us in times of need.” Coburn Dukehart / Wisconsin Watch

Need to access or replace FoodShare benefits? You can find a list of local food assistance office locations and phone numbers on Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services website.

Feeding Wisconsin’s FoodShare helpline (1-877-366-3635) can help you navigate the application process. 

Below are additional resources around Wisconsin. 

Stay informed on the latest news

Sign up for WPR’s email newsletter.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Southeast Wisconsin: Hunger Task Force (phone: 414-777-0483, online: hungertaskforce.org) can assist in filing replacement forms at three locations across Milwaukee. It also provides kiosks with phones, printers and computers for SNAP recipients at no cost. 

If you are elderly or disabled, Hunger Task Force can mail you a replacement form and upload it for you after you photograph the signed form.

Staff can also direct FoodShare recipients to nearby pantries.

Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (phone: 414-931-7400, online: feedingamericawi.org)

also provides FoodShare application assistance, mobile pantries and other food assistance programs.

Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin: The Menominee Food Distribution Program offers nutritious food to eligible households. Call 715-799-5131 or visit menominee-nsn.gov for information about food distribution days.

For FoodShare assistance call the Community Resource Center at 715-799-5137.

Northern Wisconsin: Second Harvest Northland connects northwest Wisconsin residents to food resources. Call 218-727-5653 for assistance or visit secondharvestnorthland.org

ForwardHealth Consortium (888-794-5722, or for the Great Rivers area: 888-283-0012) also offers resources.

Northeast Wisconsin: Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin provides FoodShare outreach and application help, mobile pantries and other food assistance.

Call its Appleton office at 920-202-3690 or visit feedingamericawi.org.

Bay Lake area residents can call the ForwardHealth Bay Lake Consortium at 888-794-5747.

South Central Wisconsin: Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin (608-223-9121)  provides experts to help navigate FoodShare. Find contact information for these specialists at secondharvestsw.org.

The food bank can also connect local households with nutritious food. 

West Central Wisconsin: Feed My People Food Bank (phone: 715-835-9415, online: fmpfoodbank.org) provides FoodShare assistance and connects people to local pantries and programs.

A Wisconsin Department of Health Services web page includes a link to a form used to request FoodShare benefits. Many FoodShare recipients don’t know they can seek replacement benefits following misfortunes that cause food to spoil, experts say. Those who are aware face what advocates call unnecessary hurdles in navigating the process. Wisconsin Watch screenshot