You count on Wisconsin Public Radio for independent journalism, statewide discussions, world-class music and quality entertainment. Member support is the largest source of funding for this essential service. Thank you for considering a gift of stock or mutual funds today!
To initiate a stock gift to WPR:
- Contact your broker and tell them what stock/mutual funds you want to donate and how many shares
- Ask them to include your name and contact information with the gift.
- Have them transfer the stock via WPR’s broker:
The Gehler Luedke Group
Attn: Megan Mitby
8000 Excelsior Drive Suite 302
Madison, WI 53717
Account Name: Wisconsin Public Radio Association, Inc. (Federal Tax ID 23-7363536)
Account #: 8748-9258
DTC #: 0547
- To ensure we acknowledge your stock gift, let WPR know your gift is coming by contacting us at 800-383-9772 or email@example.com. Tell us how many shares of what stock/mutual fund to expect so we can identify them when they arrive.
Benefits of giving stock:
Because WPR is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, when you donate stock/mutual funds to WPR, you receive a two-fold tax savings if your stock was held for more than one year:
- Your tax deduction will be based on the full fair market value of the stock.
- You won't pay capital gains tax on the increase in the stock's value.
If you have questions, and to let us know your gift is coming, contact WPR at 800-383- 9772 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!