Algae in Lake Responsible For Animal Death


Reports last week of a dog suffering from seizures prompted DNR officials to close Lake Kegonsa State Beach south of Madison. Though the beach has since reopened, the state hygiene lab confirmed the culprit was a toxic blue-green sludge — potentially fatal to both animals and humans, if ingested. Catherine Brand reports…

Stay informed on the latest news

Sign up for WPR’s email newsletter.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.