Based in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, the Senior Regional Manager oversees a team of regional managers across the state. The Sr. Regional Manager sets the strategy for an integrated community engagement process across Wisconsin with a focus on DEI strategy that embodies our mission to inform, entertain, engage and inspire individuals and communities. The successful candidate will have the experience, ability and strategy to connect WPR programming to more effectively serve current and emerging audiences across the state.
Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on communications or related field preferred.
1. At least 2 years professional experience in public media, broadcasting, journalism or relevant experience.
2. At least 3 years professional management experience.
3. At least 1 year of professional experience working with and/or facilitating communications with community stakeholders and gathering community input and/or feedback.
1. Experience working with diverse communities
2. Experience managing change in an organization
3. Experience dealing with broadcast technology
4. Has an interest in working in public broadcasting
- 20% Directs, implements, and monitors strategic planning initiatives to ensure appropriate use of financial, administrative, and staffing resources
- 10% Recommends, reviews, and directs personnel resource allocation to ensure appropriate utilization of resources
- 10% Supervises managerial, professional, and support staff of the unit or division and facilitates unit staff developmental opportunities
- 10% Serves as the unit liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing organizational information and representing the interests of the unit
- 10% Develops and audits administrative operating reports, budgets, policies, and procedures to comply with regulations, institution policies, and business objectives
- 20% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 20% Oversees a regional office
Expected salary range for this position is mid $70,000 up to mid $80,000 for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
The person in this position will be required to comply with the Ethical Guidelines for All Staff of Wisconsin Public Radio and Television located here: https://www.wpr.org/wpr-ethical-guidelines, in addition to the UW-Madison code of ethics.
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.wisc.edu by January 31st, 2022. The job number is 248189.
The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications. 3) A list of at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). Note that references will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.
Questions? Contact: Kate O'Connor, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-5221