MEMBER DRIVE SPECIALIST
Wisconsin Public Radio is seeking a creative, goal-driven and experienced fundraising professional to join WPR's On-Air Fundraising team.
As a part of the On-Air Fundraising team, the development specialist (member drive specialist) is responsible for assisting in the strategic planning and execution of member drive campaigns. Primary responsibilities include researching and proposing the incentive strategy and associated budget (thank-you gifts, giveaways, dollar-for-dollar matches), creating and editing on-air and digital fundraising materials (emails, social and web ads, on-air promotions and scripts), and working collaboratively with other departments (content, engineering, marketing) and external vendors to implement on-air fundraising tactics. Reports to the On-Air Fundraising Manager.
The On-Air Fundraising team is responsible for WPR's member drive campaigns. Member Drives are the single most effective way to ask WPR listeners for financial support, and the best way to gain new members, new sustainers (monthly donors) and to ask current members to increase or renew their support.
-At least 2 years cumulative professional experience in fundraising, project or event management or marketing role.
-Proven ability to compose and edit clear, engaging and compelling fundraising or marketing copy.
-Success working independently and collaboratively toward mutual goals.
-Proven analytical skills to uncover opportunities and greater efficiencies as they relate to strategy, systems, processes and decisions.
-Ability to be organized and planful to lead projects from start to finish.
-Flexibility to change tactics quickly during tight deadline situations.
-Ability to manage data, processes and/or financial tracking with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite (particularly Excel and Sheets) and other software.
-Experience in or knowledge of public broadcasting.
-Experience in or knowledge of on-air fundraising.
-Experience working with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software.
-Experience in or knowledge of email and/or digital marketing.
Assists in the planning, promotion and execution of development events, leads the creation and updating of informational materials, interacts with stakeholder groups to cultivate and maintain relationships, and leads reporting efforts on the effectiveness of development activities of the unit.
- 30% Assists with the development of strategic planning initiatives and objectives, program budgets, and monitors activity to ensure adherence to established guidelines
- 20% Collects, prepares, and analyzes donor information and event data and provides subsequent recommendations for improvement and enhancement
- 20% Schedules logistics and secures resources for event and program activities, facilities, participants, and vendors adhering to established timelines and expectations
- 20% Assists with the design, development, and delivery of marketing and communication materials and other event publications to promote development events and programs
- 5% Serves as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders at meetings and activities to advocate for and promote the interests of the unit
- 5% Provides timely and informative communication to WPR's audience and donors regarding on-air fundraising campaign strategies and incentives
Or a minimum of 4 years of professional experience required.
Minimum $49,700 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Expected salary range for this position is high $40's to low $50's for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://jobs.wisc.edu by April 20th, 2022. The job number is 255135.
The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications. 3) A list of at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). Note that references will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.
Questions? Contact: Kate O'Connor, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-5221.