Direct and straightforward lending to individuals in developing countries is here. This hour, on Here on Earth: Radio Without Borders, Jean Feraca and her guests talk about the revolutionary micro-lending website Kiva.org. You don’t have to be a Bill Gates to drastically change people’s lives anymore.
- Matt Flannery, co-founder and CEO of Kiva, a microlending organization
- Premal Shah, president of Kiva
- Bill Bass, a Kiva lender in Madison, Wisconsin; Co-founder and CEO of FairIndigo.com
- Allison 7/6/07: "I have traveled extensively and often wanted to help. Thanks so much for letting us know about this awesome program. Jean, you remind me that there is GOOD out there and I am very grateful."
- Diane 6/19/07: "Very inspirational, especially that serviceman who pulled off the road to gush over what a fantastic idea it was, and how in his experience this is exactly the sort of thing needed by people who live in war-torn regions like Iraq."