Two documentaries on Iraq earned Oscar nominations this year. This hour on Here on Earth: Radio Without Borders, Jean Feraca talks with the director behind one of the films. Can in-depth movies give us a better perspective than the standard news cycle?
Music Used in the Program
- Laura Poitras, director of "My Country, My Country"
- Rachid Taha - "Zaama" - From the album Ole Ole - Mango Records
- Kadhum Al Sahir - "Oh My Country" - From the soundtrack to the film My Country, My Country
- Sharif - "Shiraz" - From the album Sahara Lounge - Putumayo World Music
- Ti.Ra - "Storms (Addict Mix)" - From the album Bombay Lounge - Bombay Lounge Records