Video Games For A Better World
July 26, 2006 Wednesday 3PM CT
Many people associate video games with violence. Could they be used to spread peace instead? This hour on Here on Earth, Radio Without Borders, join host Jean Feraca to discover how video games can change the world.
- James Paul Gee, professor of educational psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Received $1.5 million from the MacArthur Foundation to support his research on learning and video games.
- Benjamin Stokes, co-founder of Games for Change
Questions for You (tell us your answers in the forum)
- Can video games grapple with disturbing issues?
- Does the act of playing a game inherently trivialize things?
- Irene 7/26/06: "Really enjoyed the show on video gaming! Very thought provoking and I couldn't help but think of educational applications, too. Keep up the good work. I always enjoy your interviewing style and the range of topics that you cover. Compliments, too, to Wisconsin Public Radio. Makes it a joy to turn on my car radio."