The World According to the Simpsons
July 19, 2006 Wednesday 3PM CT
This hour on Here on Earth: Radio Without Borders, join Jean Feraca and her guests to discover the impact of the Simpsons around the world.
- Matt McAllister, associate professor of film/video and media studies at Penn State University. He wrote the Simpsons entry in The Museum of Television Encyclopedia.
- Steven Keslowitz, University Scholar in the CUNY Honors College at Brooklyn College, author of "The World According To The Simpsons"
- Aeon Skoble, chair and associate professor at the Department of Philosophy at Bridgewater State College. Co-editor of "The Simpsons And Philosophy: The D'oh! of Homer"
Questions for You (tell us your answers in the forum)
- Are the Simpons really the typical American family?
- How do you feel about Homer and Bart as American ambassadors?
- John 7/19/06: "I think the Simpsons Cartoon demonstrates to the world that Americans have an insight into what's dysfunctional in our own culture by allowing the world to laugh with us at our beer guts and lazy intellect."