Pope Benedict XVI
August 7, 2005 Sunday 2PM CT
Since his installation, the new Pope has spoken out against issues ranging from gay marriage to suicide bombers to Harry Potter. This hour on Here on Earth Jean Feraca talks with John Allen about the surprise metamorphosis of Cardinal Ratzinger into Pope Benedict XVI (the sixteenth).
- John Allen Jr., Vatican Correspondent for National Catholic Reporter, author of "The Rise of Benedict XVI"
Soundbites and Music Used in the Program
- Dietrich Buxtehude - "Ciacona In C Minor" - From the album Dietrich Buxtehude: Orgelwerke - Archiv Records
- Doves - "Break Me Gently" - From the album Lost Souls - Astralwerks
- Johann Sebastian Bach - "Liebster, Jesu, Wir Sind Heir" - From the album Bach: Organ Works - Telarc Records
- Dietrich Buxtehude - "Ciacona In E Minor" - From the album Dietrich Buxtehude: Orgelwerke - Archiv Records