POSITION DESCRIPTION EC13026
||Audience Services Manager
||Associate Administrative Program Specialist
||Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR),
University of Wisconsin-Extension
||Unclassified Staff 100%
||Immediate/Best consideration deadine 5P 3/27/13
This position supervises the activities of the Audience Services (AS) Department for WPR and WPT. This position is a working manager, at times responsible him/herself for hands-on response to audience and member concerns. Responsible for maintaining a high standard of customer service, advocating for the necessary departmental support and information, and reporting issues and trends to station management. Reports To: Membership Directors of Wisconsin Public Radio and Wisconsin Public Television.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a team of 3 full-time employees, 2 part-time employees and other Limited-Term Employees.
- Responsible for all supervisory duties, including providing timely work performance feedback, training, coaching, creating work plans, and providing an annual written performance evaluations with goals tied to strategic plans.
- Encourage and facilitate AS staff development to include committee participation and trainings.
- Develop and manage department coverage. Work with colleagues to solicit coverage assistance as necessary.
- Develop/maintain customer service and organizational policies and standards for department.
- Provide support to AS staff in difficult interactions; intervene as necessary.
- Maintain and implement systems to sustain and improve departmental performance, including interaction databases and phone system.
- Oversee front desk administrative activities, including the distribution of keys and ordering supplies for staff.
- Oversee WPT and WPR store sales and order entries handled through AS.
- Create and manage an annual budget including revenue and expenditures.
- Assist with production of on-air television and radio fund-raising pledge drives and activities.
- In coordination with WPR and WPT Membership Departments, develop and maintain effective methods for fundraising and member service within the scope of AS activities.
- Collaborate with WPT Membership Manager on WPT membership activities that funnel through AS.
- Responsible and accountable for undertaking all supervisory duties including providing timely work performance feedback, addressing issues as they arise, coaching, creating work plans, and providing a formal written performance evaluation annually.
- Responsible for articulating and creating goals each year for staff members/direct reports that are tied to the WPR/WPT strategic and/or operational plan.
- Encourage and support an inclusive, diverse working climate by promoting engagement with diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and organizational decision-making, including hiring. Promote professional development for self and staff members on conflict resolution, intercultural communication, dialogue and deliberation, and multicultural awareness.
- Comply with UW and UWEX code of ethics: http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/uws/8.pdf.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships and interactions.
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to different levels/types of communication and work styles both vocally and in writing regarding technical and non-technical issues.
- Employ constructive conflict resolution skills and support staff in doing the same
- Support, motivate, develop, and direct staff.
- Skill in creative research and problem-solving.
- Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and effective communication is required. Actively look for ways to provide service.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze/improve systems, processes and approaches.
- Collaborate with others across departments.
- Comfort with as well as willingness and aptitude to learn new broadcast, communication, computer and other technologies.
- Ability to multi-task as well as to solicit, process and absorb information and change focus quickly. Ability to flourish in such an environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in stressful conditions and conflict situations with upset individuals, whether internal or external.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a customer service setting.
- Experience managing complex projects involving multiple departments or priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work and problem solve quickly and independently.
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing
- Ability to quickly learn new software and technology
- Success in encouraging and supporting an inclusive and diverse working climate.
The minimum salary for this position is $41,336 with actual pay depending on qualifications and experience. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive fringe benefits package, including health insurance, sick leave and vacation.
- Previous public broadcasting experience
- Previous management of a call center or customer service center
- Two or more years of management experience
HOW TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; for best consideration submit by March 27 through our on-line Applicant Gateway.
- Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- External applicants
Click on Advanced search link. Enter Job opening ID: 8886
- Current University of Wisconsin System employees
Click on Advanced search link. Enter Job opening ID: 8886
- A completed UW-Extension
application form, applicant
- A detailed resume.
- List of three professional references including email contact information. (on form)
- A 1-2 page narrative detailing HOW your experience relates to this position. Please carefully detail your experience as it compares to the job duties and qualifications for this position.
- Salary History (on form).
The successful candidate will be required to provide documentation
of credentials. Prior to appointment to this position, a criminal
records review will be conducted. UWEX complies with the Wisconsin
Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis
of arrest and/or conviction record.
INQUIRIES AND ONLINE SUPPORT QUESTIONS TO:
Wisconsin Public Radio
821 University Avenue
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
document can be made available in alternative formats by calling the
person listed above.
Wisconsin Statutes, if asked, UW-Extension is required to provide
a list of all nominees and applicants who have not requested, in writing,
that their identities remain confidential. The identities of all finalists
must be released upon request.
of employment is contingent upon establishment of identity and verification
of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and
Control Act of 1986.
Action employer, the University of Wisconsin-Extension provides equal
opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX and
ADA requirements. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities
are strongly encouraged to apply.