NETTI POT INFORMATION
You've heard Zorba mention a netti pot on the program quite often. Here is Zorba's step by step process to using your netti pot with a homemade solution. Happy cleansing!
1) You can obtain a netti pot or sinucleanse at any pharmacy.
2) You can buy their packets of premixed salt solution or you can mix your own with 1 heaping teaspoon of salt (kosher, canning, or pickling salt) and 1/2 tsp baking soda mixed into one pint (2 cups) of lukewarm tap water. Fill the nasal irrigation cup with about 3/4 cup of the solution. Another solution that works well is made with camphor. The medicine is called Alkalol.
3) Lean over the sink at a 45 degree angle as you are looking into the sink. Rotate your head about 45 degrees so that one nostril is directly above the other. Gently put the tip of the pot into the upper nostril so that it forms a gentle seal but don't push against the nasal septum (the tissue between the nostrils).
4) Breath through your mouth and raise the cup handle so the solution enters your nostril. In a few moments the solution will begin to drain from the lower nostril. When the cup is empty, exhale gently through both nostrils to clear excess solution and mucous. Gently blow your nose - you will be amazed at what was in your sinuses.
5) Refill the nasal cup and repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other nostril.
6) This can be done as needed, up to three times daily. Wash the nasal cup daily.