Guest Recipe: Cybele Pascal of Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking
CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS with HOISIN SAUCE!
1 Tbl Canola oil
2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced or pressed
1 tsp Ginger, minced
1/2 C Carrot, diced small
1/2 C Celery heart, diced small
1/2 C Red bell pepper, diced small
3 Green onions, white and green parts, chopped
1 5-ounce can Water chestnuts, chopped to pea-size
1.5 lbs ground dark meat chicken
2 Tbl Chicken broth
6 Tbl Hoisin sauce (click for Cybele's allergy-free recipe)
1 Tbl Rice vinegar
Black pepper, freshly ground
Butter or iceburg lettuce leaves
Sriracha sauce (optional)
1. Heat the canola oil in a nonstick wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, until fragrant and golden.
2. Add the carrot celery, bell pepper, green onions, wand water chestnuts and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the ground chicken and broth and increase the heat to high. Springkle with a large pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon or spatula and breaking up the chicken into crumbles, for 4 minutes, until no longer pink and starting to brown.
4. Add 3 tablespoons of the Hoisin Sauce, reserving the rest for serving alongside the lettuce cups. Stir in the rice vinegar, bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cook at a slow siimmer for 3 minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with the lettuce leaves. (Each diner makes his or her own bundles by spooning about 2 tablespoons of chicken into each leaf, topping with a little of the remaining 3 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce, wrapping it up, and eating! [Sriracha optional])
To purchase a copy of Cybele's cookbook, Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking, CLICK HERE.