Latinization of Professional Baseball
October 22, 2005 Saturday 2PM CT
They say that baseball is as American as mom and apple pie. But as players from Latin American continue to fill Major League Baseball rosters, is "America's National Pastime" really Latin America's pastime? This hour on Here on Earth, join Jean Feraca and her guests for a conversation about the "Latinization" of professional baseball.
- Raul Galvan (rah-OOL gahl-VAHN), manager of program production for Milwaukee Public Television
- Samuel Regalado (reh-gah-LAH-doh), professor at California State University and author of "Viva Baseball: Latin Major Leaguer and Their Special Hunger"
Soundbites and Music Used in the Program
- Victor Manuelle - "Sabor a Beisbol" - From the album Le Preguntaba a la Luna - Sony International Records
- Septeto Nacional De Ignacio Pinero - "El Adios De Este Momento" - From the album Cuba - Putumayo World Music
- Afro-Cuban Jazz Project - "Campina" - From the album Cuba - Putumayo World Music